Bubba’s Baked Beans
Compliments of Executive Chef Jason Girard of Buddy Guy’s Legends, Chicago, IL and The Blues Highways Cookbook
Product used in this recipe:
Sausages by Amylu Andouille
|5-6 links||Sausages by Amylu Andouille Chicken Sausage, diced in 1/2″ pieces|
|1 lb.||Dry navy beans|
|1⁄2 lb.||Bacon, diced|
|1 med.||Onion, diced|
|1||Garlic clove, diced|
|1 Tbsp.||Brown sugar|
|1 Tbsp.||Yellow mustard|
|1⁄2 tsp.||Hot sauce|
- Pre-soak beans in mixing bowl. Use enough water to cover by 2-3 inches; cover & refrigerate overnight.
- Pour soaked beans & soaking water into large cast iron dutch oven or bean pot & add/discard enough water to just cover. Bring to boil over high heat.
- Brown bacon & add onion & garlic to rendered fat in a large dry skillet. Sauté until onions are translucent.
- Add to beans: diced Sausages by Amylu Andouille Chicken Sausage, sautéed vegetables, and remaining ingredients.
- Reduce flame & simmer for about two hours, uncovered.
- Remove from heat & cover with a tight fitting lid. Place in preheated 350° oven & bake for approx. 1 hour.